Fresh, organic produce delivered to your door has become a popular service for active families. Superfood goodness is still possible even when it’s your turn to carpool or the kids have one of their after school activities and you need to be in, not to exaggerate, a billion places at opposite ends of the city at the same time! Or it’s Summer, as in Australia right now, and instead of going to the grocery store with kids in tow, you have your days marked for the beach or take the kids for a bike ride!
Fresh produce delivery comes with benefits for your family and the farmer:
Advantages for your family
- Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
- Usually get to visit the farm at least once a season
- Kids typically favor food from ‘their’ farm and even veggies they’ve never been known to eat
- Kids can meet the farmers who grow their food and learn more about the operation
Advantages for farmers
- Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, before their 16 hour days in the field begin
- Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm’s cash flow before the big corporations try to dominate and force prices down
Benefits for all
- Money goes back into the local economy!
Get started by locating an online Community Supported Agriculture organization near you.